Thanks for choosing a great recipe, Aggie, and be sure to check out everyone else's fun with mango BBQ at Craving Ellie in My Belly!
Mango Barbecue Sauce
adapted from The Food You Crave, by Ellie Krieger
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 roasted red bell peppers
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 ripe mango
3 jalepenos
Saute onion and garlic until translucent, then add red peppers and saute another few minutes. Pour in vinegar, honey, tomato sauce, allspice, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice and some salt and pepper. Let cool slightly, meanwhile, cut, peel and seed mango and remove chile stems. Use less chiles, or discard the seeds and ribs if you want to tame the heat. Add everything to blender and pulse until smooth.
To finish Ellie's dish, I broiled some chicken tenders for 5 minutes on each side, heated the sauce a bit, and drizzled it over the chicken. Spicy, tangy, slighty sweet...altogether delicious!
3 comments:
Lovely chicken! I really liked this recipe too! I froze my leftover sauce for future use ;)
Great ideas to use next time! I think smoked paprika or chipotles would enhance the flavors. Love the way yours looked, even if you didn't get to grill it!
Looks delicious! This BBQ sauce was a first for me. It was refreshing to see that there wasn't any ketchup in there and it turned out great! Nice job!
Post a Comment