Saturday, March 21, 2009

I made bread!

I made bread! It is delicious, and the house smells great. I used the Cinnamon-Rasin Milk Bread recipe from Joy of Cooking and I couldn't be more pleased. Or maybe I'm just glad it's finally done. I didn't read the recipe thoroughly so started baking at 8 PM, so after a double rise, it's past midnight and I'm just pulling it out of the oven now.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yum...that looks so delicious. i want some!

Anonymous said...

DOH! I always make the mistake of "not reading it all the way through" and end up baking bread until after midnight. But as I'm sure you already learned, it is usually well worth it.

Looks great!

Cate said...

Yikes, 4 hours? But the reward is in a nice warm slice with melted butter. Yum.

Joanne said...

Don't you just love making your own bread? The house smells wonderful and you get to pick, pick, pick to your hearts delight. The cinnamon must have been a wonderful addition.

Did you eat? You eat now!