I'm trying to make excuses for my overproofed, wrinkly-ass Artos boule in case you can't tell.
Luckily, the fam doesn't know any better and thinks Artos is supposed to have lomas and arroyos.
Air bubbles nonetheless, it IS delicious, and if it lasts until tomorrow morning, we are going to have some rockin' french toast. Maybe even raspberry jam-brie-prosciutto Monte Cristos...
I forgot to stir in the fruit and nuts, and opted against the glaze due to sticky fingers on electronics phobia. I had grand plans for shaping it into monkey bread like Pinkstripes did, or trying a 5 strand braid, but ended up going the simple route and making a giant ball. I'm glad I did, it would've been hard to pretend the braid was supposed to have wrinkles. I may just use my leftover poolish to try this again, with complex shaping and fruit and nuts. It is a three day weekend after all:)
P.S. Artos would be a great cat name.
No comments:
Post a Comment