This is my world famous banana bread recipe, as requested. I make it every weekend and cut myself a piece for breakfast as I run out the door on weekday mornings. It's delicious because, without spices, the pure banana flavor shines through. Sometimes when I'm feeling cheap or healthy I cut out some of the butter, but its best with the full amount.
2-3 very very very ripe bananas
5 T buttermilk, sour cream or plain yogurt
1 t baking soda
1/2 cup butter, preferably room temperature, ok to melt in microwave if you have to
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla (up it to 1 1/2 t if you have the good stuff)
1 1/3 cup flour
1 t baking power
Mash together bananas and buttermilk. Blend butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Combine everything, sift in the flour and baking powder and mix, but do not overmix. Pour into 4x8 buttered loaf pan and bake 50-60 min at 350.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you eat? You eat now!
1 comment:
yum. who doesn't love a good banana bread? can you email or post the recipe for that yummy sour cream cucumber dill dip you brought to San Diego??? I want to make it this weekend! thanks!
Post a Comment