Monday, February 25, 2008

My new babies!



Reasons why my indoor herb project might not last:

1. I didn't buy indoor or mini varieties

2. I didn't allow for drainage in the bottom

3. I didn't want to buy a whole bag of potting soil, and there was an open damaged bag so I just scooped a couple handfuls into my container when no one was looking but I'm a wimp and didn't take enough. It didn't help that I was using my bare hand and trying not to get my work clothes dirty.

4. I don't have a south or westerly facing window that gets 10 hours of sun a day. They are facing east.

5. I planted them all in the same container, including the mint and parsley, which are noted to be "invasive" on the label that I didn't read at the store.


That said, I am hopefully optimistic that it'll be fine, and they'll flourish, and magically repel pests and mold and my cat's dig-and-poop instincts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such an earnest face. who me? dig and poop?

Did you eat? You eat now!