This month I joined a CSA through Desert Roots Farm and so far I love it. It has expanded my usual repetoire and sent me to the cookbooks to figure out what to do with things like turnips, green garlic, and mizuna. It comes out to about $20 a week and everything is fresh, local, organic, and delivered weekly to my door. It is my first real foray into organic veggies and to be honest, so far I can't really tell if the produce is better tasting, but I swear the onions smell more onion-y and the carrots are orange-er. Plus, they have a compost program for my scraps, allowing me to compost without smelling up my kitchen or having to dig a hole in the backyard. Eventually, I want to start a little veggie garden and have my own compost pile, but I have to do some research first. I'll put it down for 2010. Anyway, the delivery comes tomorrow, I can't wait to see what I get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you eat? You eat now!
No comments:
Post a Comment