Then I came home and baked this amazing banana cake and felt like a domestic goddess:
And I was trying to be a kitchen minimalist, doh.
Classic Banana Bundt Cake
adapted from Dorie Greenspan, Baking From My Home to Yours
3 cups flour
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
4 very ripe bananas
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
Preheat oven to 350. Generously butter and flour your bundt pan (or other 12 cup capacity pan).
Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
Cream together sugar and butter with hand mixer or paddle attachment of stand mixer. Beat in vanilla and the eggs, 1 egg at a time. Add in the bananas, half the dry ingredient mixture, then the sour cream/yogurt, and finally the other half of the dry ingredients mixture.
Bake for 65-75 minutes. Let cool for ten minutes before unmolding to prevent breakage.
New problem: now I "need" a totally unecessary cake stand to show off my Gehry-esque creations!


2 comments:
I would have bought the pan, except I too am trying to eliminate extra kitchen stuff. But doesn't it look beautiful?
you do have a sexy bundt!
Post a Comment