This week we made Casatiello, an Italian pimped out version of brioche. It's a direct dough, with lots of eggs and butter, and studded with salami and cheese. Very tasty, in fact, a little too tasty for me. I'm not one for 9 cheese jalapeno rosemary garlic sausage loaves and the like. I prefer my bread plain and simple I guess. I used Boar's Head salami, Kerrigold Swiss (from Ireland?!), and decided to bake it two 6" cake pans, so I could gift one of the loaves.
Next up: Challah!
5 comments:
They do look very cute! I made a meat and veggie option..little loaves but gave all of it away! I too am ready to move away form all this rich bread...my poor neighbors, they're gonna get at me for getting a little rounder any day now! happy baking!
They turned out great. We are having too much fun eh?
Great job,
Susie
I like the muffins. I did mine in a springform pan and it looked like a huge muffin too!!! I thought mine didn't have enough flavor so you may have liked mine...LOL!
I love the look of your finished bread! So appetizing.
I am with you on the "simple = better" bread idea, but I totally want this.
Not sure what text you are using for your bread school, but if you are serious about baking/bread you should totally check out: "Advanced Bread and Pastry" by Michael Saus. It is a tome of useful info and recipes. Do be prepared, however, for the bread recipes to read like: "1 flour .65 water .02 instant yeast. X revs for final temp of 65F. Primary for 2.5 hours, final 30 mins, deck oven @500F for 8 minutes," and also to be completely intimidated by how great his breads/desserts/chocolate work/sugar work look.
Post a Comment