This week we're hitting 90 degrees here in Phoenix. If I don't start baking soon, it'll be summer before I know it. I broke out my favorite baking cookbook to celebrate, Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan and made something I've been eyeing for a while, her Russian Grandmothers' Apple Pie-Cake. The recipe is easy to find online, and I followed it exactly, except I halved it, so please follow the link so I don't have to retype the whole thing. I would highly recommend the recipe, the pie-cake was delicious, homey, comforting, old-fashioned, and easy to make too.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Screw the diet, I'm baking!
This week we're hitting 90 degrees here in Phoenix. If I don't start baking soon, it'll be summer before I know it. I broke out my favorite baking cookbook to celebrate, Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan and made something I've been eyeing for a while, her Russian Grandmothers' Apple Pie-Cake. The recipe is easy to find online, and I followed it exactly, except I halved it, so please follow the link so I don't have to retype the whole thing. I would highly recommend the recipe, the pie-cake was delicious, homey, comforting, old-fashioned, and easy to make too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you eat? You eat now!
No comments:
Post a Comment